The Barefoot Bandit are a highly energetic new wave reggae/dub band based in Devon UK. Their sound mixes catchy melodies and exciting rhythms with a combination of modern roots reggae with deep dark dub, as well as exploring psychedelic influences. Building a strong and loyal fan base over the last couple of years, TBB have played countless shows up and down the country including numerous festivals such as headline performances on small stages at Glastonbury Festival and Love Summer. The 4 piece have also made appearances at numerous UK festivals such as BoomTown Fair, KAYA Festival, Skamouth and Jurassic Fields to name a few, plus main stage appearances at One Love Festival, Glass Butter Beach, Wonderfields and Reggae Garden. The Band are rapidly developing a deserved reputation for their dynamic live show, guaranteeing a dance floor full of satisfied skankers.
Having reached #4 in the iTunes reggae charts with their first release, ‘Call Me A Liar’ EP and selling out the release show, the band endured a successful debut tour of Ireland. This was followed by a very busy festival season of 2017 and the release of their second EP, ‘Hard Life' which has received national airplay from the likes of David Rodigan MBE on BBC Radio One Extra. The Bandit has had the pleasure of supporting renowned artists such as Dreadzone, Katchafire, Gentleman’s Dub Club, Horace Panter & Lynval Golding (The Specials), Bad Manners, and more. The band are set for big things in 2018 including headline sets and numerous festivals and the release of several singles.
What people are saying about The Bandit:
- “New and fresh Brit Reggae” David Rodigan - BBC Radio 1xtra
- "I love these guys!" Dennis Bovell - SOHO Radio/Matumbi
- "Up there with the best Reggae/dub bands in the area. I'm a big fan of The Barefoot Bandit. Definitely one of our finest exports in terms of their success. Recognised by the most important people in their genre of music” James Santer – BBC Introducing
- “Traditional reggae and dub combined with some slick guitar playing and seriously catchy vocal hooks. The Barefoot Bandit are well worth checking out.” Adam Rowden – And Antarctica
- "Catching them for the first time last year when they played with Dreadzone again, I immediately became a fan. Not a song passed when the dance floor wasn’t packed. I could not highly recommend them enough for the energy and enthusiasm" Molly Povey - Music Muso
Whether you have a booking enquiry or just want to say howdy, drop us a message!